It’s not an Insult, it’s a gift!
Your saving grace is here! Fat Head Dough is widely known as a great substitute for traditional doughs and breading when on low-carb and ketogenic diets. Here’s how to make it.
- 1 1/2 cup Shredded Mozzarella
- 1 cup Almond Flour (Coconut Flour is another great option just check the ratio because coconut flour is more absorbent)
- 2 Tbsps. Cream Cheese
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 Tbsps. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tbsps. Onion Powder
- 1/2 Tbsps. Paprika
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- In a Microwave safe bowl, Heat Mozzarella and cream cheese for 1 min on low. Stir, and heat additional 30 secs.
- Add almond Flour, Egg, and Spices. Mix together well. You may have to add a little more almond flour if the dough mixture is too sticky. Knead until well combined.
- Put Dough on Parchment Paper. Top with another sheet of parchment paper and roll to desired thickness and size. This will vary for each recipe.
You’ll find fat head dough useful for many of the recipes found on this website and others. It is very versatile and can be seasoned or modified to fit a number of Low carb or keto recipes.